Saturday, February 11, 2012

Special not Spatial

Anyone who knows me knows I am not the least bit spatial. Ask me to put the left-overs away and I will grab a container three times too big. Ask me how far it is to get somewhere and I will be dreadfully off. Will this piece of furniture fit? Sure! (We sent half a truckload back with my parents when we moved into our first apartment.) So...me deciding to move a corner desk from our bonus room to Evan's room was very special.

You might ask, "Why not wait for Brad to come home?" A valid question--one he himself asked. The answer: I'm stubborn. I wanted the desk in his room now. It's just how I roll. Well...this is how I roll:
I got the desk firmly wedged in the door and tangled up with Issa's desk. Mind you, I had to crawl over the desk from the bonus room to try to untangle my mess. (Perhaps I should have moved some other furniture before this attempt.) I eventually did, and you would have thought I learned how to maneuver this thing. Nope:

I got it stuck on Issa's bookshelf...and then stuck in the door. I did move the little house after I took this picture, though. (And yes...it would have been a brilliant idea to remove the drawer before I started this process. It would have saved me trying to figure out how to deal with it before I untangled it from the bookshelf.


And:

I still didn't figure it out for the last door. Moving the diaper pail, which I threw away after I moved the desk, would have been brilliant before I got it stuck in this door, too. And...the drawer is still hanging out.


But look how nice it looks:


He loves having his own desk! And his dinosaur now guards the entrance:

He is one big boy...and I am special--not spatial.

No comments:

Post a Comment