Friday, February 24, 2012

A New Look

Brad has had the itch to move furniture in our family room for a long time now, but I've been dragging my feet. After all, it's been the same way for nearly eight years. Why mess with a good thing? But, we were in need of more floor space, and the spring weather gave me the nudge to let more than the literal fresh air in. So, Wednesday night after the kids went to bed, our family room exploded:
As usual, I forgot to take the before picture, but there are plenty of pics here on the blog if you really want to flip through. But, this prompted me to get my camera:

That is a pencil actually stuck to the wall. It was behind the buffet, and who knows how long it had been there. Yikes. (I guess this confirms I don't actually move the furniture to sweep. I do stick the wand underneath to sweep, though.)

We really love the final result:

Same furniture, way more room. The kids were hysterical when they came downstairs, and having lived with it for a day everyone has proclaimed it better.

Evan is particularly thrilled that the books have moved to the window seat:

It is apparently the perfect seat for our little Ringo:


Here's to a breath of fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment