Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I once read that one of our roles as parents is to write our children's storybooks. It's a fun way to look at the experiences we provide our children, and if I'm writing it, it's going to be a fairy tale, baby. Bring it. And holidays, well, they make me want to bring it a little bit more. We had our big celebration this weekend, but I couldn't let the day go by unnoticed. So...the kids woke up to this:
It's amazing how magical a little crepe paper is when you're two and five. The kids were thrilled. They ran in and out of their door frames, and I think they felt a little extra loved on this Valentine's Day. Brad gives me a hard time about trying to create a life that is all unicorns and rainbows, but he was smiling a little bigger this morning, too. I hope this is a page in their storybooks they remember.


They were also very excited about school parties today. We could have put their cards and teacher gifts in grocery bags, but Valentine's bags made it all the more fun:

Evan's bag had juice boxes for the class, too, but he was determined to carry it all by himself.


And Issa was more than happy to pose in her Valentine's splendour:

And because I couldn't pick just one of my eldest:

My two little Valentines:

Happy Valentine's Day, all. I hope you add a page to your storybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment