Friday, February 3, 2012

A List of Randomness

It has been a week! A roller coaster week. It has not been that I have nothing to blog about; I have had no time to blog. So...here is a list of randomness from the week. Enjoy.

1. I was one of the chaperones for Issa's field trip to the planetarium. There is a reason I do not teach kindergarten. In fact, there were four very giggly, very loud ones singing "Deck the Halls" on the way back to school worth of them. In case you are wondering, the statue game can absolutely be played in carseats. It bought me five minutes of quiet to regain my sanity before I left four little angels on the side of the road.

2. Evan is in big boy underwear! One of my favorite motherhood memories will always be a very proud little boy galloping into my room announcing, "MY IN UNDERWEAR!" and striking a pose akin to Hercules.

3. Evan thinks it is highly ridiculous to wear pants over underwear. The whole world should see Thomas the Train. It is a daily discussion.

4. This is why I will never be caught up on laundry:
That is Evan's socks in Brad's shoe. Just when I think I'm close, I find more laundry. That's my story and I'm sticking to it because it cannot possibly be because I am notorious for finding a million other things to do.

5. Issa read me a whole book this week! The only word she needed help on was "busy," which is clearly a ridiculous word.

6. I locked my keys in the car...again. On the up side, AAA is awesome. On the not so up side, the operator asked, "Is it running this time?" I am happy to say that it was not, but it does concern me that there is clearly some note in my AAA file stating that this crazy lady has a knack for locking her keys in a running vehicle.

7. My snowmen are still around the house. Normally, I leave them up through February, but since it has been above 70 this week they look a bit ridiculous. I suppose I should do something about that.

8. On a related note, Bethlehem is still on our back door. I walk past it a gazillion times a day and think about taking it down, but I get busy and find something else to do. (I am noticing a trend here.)

9. My dissertation defense is scheduled--March 15. I don't know whether to dance or vomit.

10. I don't really have a ten, but it felt off to leave the list at nine. It's time for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment