Wednesday, February 15, 2012

True Love

Our Valentine celebration lasted into the evening last night. The family requested Tuscan Mac and Cheese and an apple pie. It was an off combination, but I had some happy campers. Issa helped me make the pie after school:
She even cut hearts instead of slits in the top:

But...the highlight of my day was watching my two little Valentines demonstrate true love:

Issa's school doesn't really do parties. They were allowed to bring cards (but no candy), but they just dropped them in each others bags at the end of the day. That was it. No special treat--not even a chance to look at the cards at school. She was disappointed.


Which is totally understandable because her old school, Evan's current school, parties. They made boxes and had special treats and played games and exchanged cards. It was a full day event.


Poor Issa was left holding a pitiful paper bag and her brother had a school box full of Valentine's loot. Evan looked at his very pitiful Issa, and love happened. On his own, he opened his box and dumped it on the floor. Then, he took Issa's bag and dumped it with his and mixed it around in one big pile. Issa's face lit up, and I got teary. The two sat together with their collective pile and ate more candy than I would normally allow while Issa read Evan all the cards. That, my friends, is true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment