Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's Funny Now...

So...on Monday, I spent most of my day it a bit of a state. It's funny now, so I can actually write about it.

After the kids went to school, I went into Evan's room to make his bed. I checked on the frogs, like I do every morning, and panic set in. I could only find one. I looked everywhere. Under the rocks. In the plants. In the filter (heaven forbid). No Papa. I looked around the tank in case he had jumped out. No Papa. I called Brad at work and left a message asking if he had scooped Papa. Brad had the nerve not to answer. I waited almost patiently. I texted. He had not scooped Papa. I came to the only logical conclusion: Nana had eaten Papa.

How was I going to explain this one? Evan would be devastated by the loss and we couldn't even have a funeral. (You can stop laughing now. I was really upset.)

I taught class, and came home to look one more time. I found Papa...in the heater's suction cup. It had pulled away from the tank,and I just knew he was dead...and probably stuck. I called Brad at work again. This time he answered, and not so patiently suggested I pull him out and move on with my life. I braced myself and set to the task.

When I moved the heater, Papa fell out. I was so glad I wouldn't have to dig him out. Then the little bugger had the nerve to hop. He was fine. I cursed Papa for making me worry. Apparently, he was just snug as a bug in the suction cup.

Needless to say the suction cup is now securely attached to the glass, and Brad has almost let me live this one down...almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment