Friday, June 1, 2012

My Baby Girl

Nana and Papa are here! They arrived yesterday for a week of celebrating everything under the sun: birthdays, graduations, and a recital, oh my! I have some great stories and pics from the day, but I'm indulging my mama heart this morning, instead.

Issa is camping out on our floor while Nana and Papa visit, and last night I had one of those full circle moments. As I slipped into bed, I was marveling that my baby girl is graduating from kindergarten today. As I peeked over the edge of the bed, my "baby" had spider man hands, those hands babies make while they sleep. (I think it's technically the startle reflex, but we prefer to call them spider man hands.)

I was reminded of when we first brought her home, and I peeked over the edge of the bed into the bassinet at this little marvel of a person who was my baby girl. She was so tiny, and I wondered who she would be as she grew up.

Last night, I looked at a little bigger marvel of a person who is my baby girl. She has become such an amazing big girl: kind, empathetic, smart, and funny. I love how she can make me laugh, and I love that she still likes to snuggle up. I love listening to her read, and I love listening to her ideas as they develop. I still wonder who she will be when she grows up, and I am so glad I was still able to see that glimpse of my baby again last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment