Friday, June 29, 2012

Ten Years Ago...

Ten years ago today, I started the best adventure of my life:
In honor of ten wonderful years together, I thought I would compile a top ten moments of our marriage:

10. He comes to my rescue when I have a moment like locking my keys in the car, locking my keys in the house, or dropping hot glue on my hand. He only teases me once I announce its funny.

9. He loves me through my melodramatic melt downs. My very favorite, though, was in our second apartment when my closet rod kept falling down. I was in tears because I was so tired of reironing clothes that he built me a whole new closet unit. That thing could have held an elephant, and he never once suggested I just get rid of some clothes.

8. We have tackled more home improvement projects than I can count, but my very favorite was putting in our little decorative pond. It was an anniversary gift, and he didn't say one word when I "helped" with the auger and got thrown across the yard.

7. More road trips than I can count, but especially the very first: our honeymoon. We drove to Maine, and I wouldn't trade that time together in the car for anything.

6. We adopted our first cat...and then a second...and a third adopted us. Brad isn't a huge cat person, but he does it for me. When we couldn't bring the first kitten home right away because she was sick, he left me notes all throughout the apartment because he knew I was heart-broken. I cried, and I still have the notes.

5. We brought home our first puppy, and together we learned how to train said puppy. We learned I was the push over for puppy eyes, but Brad wasn't quite as tough as he pretended. (Case in point, the puppy wasn't allowed on the furniture, but Brad would sleep with the puppy in her bed. It made my heart melt.)

4. Three degrees and major graduations: one masters and two doctorates. That, my love, is quite enough...and enough said.

3. We bought our first house! The second house we looked at...out of three...in one morning. Oh, to be young, and slightly impulsive, and slightly naive, and to be blessed with a house that is still wonderful and has grown with us over the past seven years.

2. The births of two wonderful children who have made every day just a little bit more adventurous.

1. The moment I became Mrs. Brad Bower. It was the moment that started this wonderful journey, and I wouldn't trade a single day there after.

I love you so much, sweetheart. Here's to many, many happy returns of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment