Friday, June 8, 2012

Pouting and Celebrating

Nana and Papa went home last night. We were a pretty sad lot around here. The kids and I dropped them off at the airport right before dinner, and Issa immediately melted, "But Nana and Papa are so fun." It took Evan a bit longer. We were halfway home when he announced they had visited the airport long enough and we should go get them. It broke my heart.

I gave myself the night to pout as I put away extra chairs and place mats, returned toys to rightful homes, and folded my own laundry. (Mom does it for me when she is here.) I cried every time I put something away. It is just such a blissful week when they are here. I love watching them play with the kids, and I love having the time to just be with them. It always goes too fast.

This morning, though, we are celebrating all the small moments. We are rejoicing because it happened rather than being sad that it is over. So...here are some of my favorite everyday moments from the week.

There were so many train tracks built with Papa I lost count:
 Evan woke up every morning asking to play train.

Nana started to teach Issa how to crochet:
 Issa wants to make her own Nana square. We are hoping to finish this summer.

There were spontaneous snuggles:
 And not to be out done, Evan wanted to learn to crochet, too:
 I think he has decided he is finished, but I love the look of concentration.

There was a very quick swim:
 Nana didn't get in, but she got so chilly she wrapped up in a towel:
 Issa and Papa made a wooden sculpture:
 And Issa made her first dessert all by herself:
Look at how happy:
Yes, they are kisses placed on pretzels, but they were her recipe and she did everything but the actual baking. Yesterday, she made us a fruit plate for snack. She did all of the fruit cutting, put yogurt in a bowl for dipping, and put toothpicks in every single piece of fruit. (I need to buy stock in toothpicks this summer.)

There were also trips to the park, a trip to the museum, and books galore. Mom and I found our dresses for Shannon's wedding, and we just were together. For that, I will be eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment