Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wondrous Thing


Since I was a student teacher, I have been looking for my daily wondrous thing. I first heard of the idea from my cooperating teacher, who is one of the most amazing women I know. She taught me so much about teaching, but she also taught me so much about living your faith one day at a time in a public school. She is one of the many women who taught me how to be a wife and mother, and her idea of searching for a wondrous thing, a little something God does each day to show how much He loves me, is something I still do daily.


The hyacinths have been my wondrous thing for the past couple of days. March in North Carolina is a wonderful time. I send the kids to school in winter coats and mittens, and when I pick them up they don't even need a jacket. The grass is getting green, the trees are starting to bloom, and my hyacinths start to pop up. Spring bulbs are certainly a wondrous thing, but watching the kids watch the bulbs is truly my wondrous thing. As soon as they get out of the van, they run to check on the hyacinths. Issa has been counting how many blooms are open each day. She doesn't remember yesterday's count, but she knows it was less than whatever today's count is! Evan runs over and yells, "CINTH!" like it's the first one he has even seen, and then we all smell the buds. Soon, we will be able to smell them as soon as we open the door. I love spring! Thank you, God, for making all things new!

2 comments:

  1. Love this. I think I'll have to email this to my mom, she'll be beyond herself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do, Cailtin! I miss her so much! Give her a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete