Thursday, April 17, 2014

It's a Blur

We're two weeks from the end of the semester, which means that life is a bit of a blur right now. I'm actually working from home today so I can simultaneously finish a major data analysis project, wait for the gas company to come fix our meter, and catch up the laundry. The highlights from the week...

1. I did my final observations of all of my student teachers. This is always bittersweet. They are teachers now--not students. I love watching that. It also means I say goodbye to three classroom that I will truly miss.

2. We have an orthodontic consult for Issa in a couple of weeks. She had a great check-up at the dentist, but she made the referral. The hope is early intervention will help the rest of her teeth come in straight and save her longer, more painful braces later. Here's hoping.

3. I have more stones to put on Issa's solo costume. I feel like this could be the story of my life.

4. I volunteered to write a new dance mom handbook for the studio. I'm actually very excited about it, but I have no idea when that's going to happen. It may be a June project.

5. I'm officially teaching two summer school classes. The great news is they are both first session, so I will actually be able to take some time off in July. The kids don't have camp in July, so I will get to enjoy summer break with them, and I am so, so excited about that.

Nothing extraordinary to report, but I still love my rather ordinary life.

No comments:

Post a Comment