Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Day 79: Happy Birthday to Me!

I think yesterday might go down as my best birthday ever. My day started with my usual workout, followed by mimosas and the most thoughtful gifts from my kiddos. Evan made me a whole scrapbook filled with his drawings; Issa made me little happy pills (literally little capsules with happy notes tucked inside). 

Mid-morning, Issa got to see her massage therapist for the first time since late-February. She has become a good friend, and it was great to see her again.

After lunch, Issa and I went to get our hair cut for the first time since March! Issa got her new summer cut:
 And I got mine all shaped up:
Mom and Shannon came over for dinner. Shannon gave me the most beautiful earrings and necklace made from ammo casings by women in Ethiopia--a truly perfect gift! Brad made the perfect Italian meal with one of my favorite wines for each course. We all sat around the table and talked and laughed and it was lovely.

I truly believe 40 will be the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment