Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Day 86: Simple Pleasures

Yesterday was a long day. I spent over half of it at the mechanic getting new tires and brake fluid flushed. It's never my favorite place, but I did get a ton of work finished since I had no choice but to sit and focus. We also drove through New Hope to drop off library books and pick up the last of Evan's things. It was so hard to see so many teachers I love and not be able to stop and talk. It was just rough.

But in the midst of all of that, we took time to enjoy the simple things. Inks is coming out more and more, and she and Frosty are becoming friendly:
 Inks also makes us laugh with her kitten antics:
 She loves nothing more than to jump in the refrigerator or any other place to your open that needs investigating.

But the highlight was the kids setting up the pool. Every year I think this will be the last year that $10 inflatable pool will bring joy, and the following year I'm thrilled to be wrong:
The kids spent hours splashing around out there. They wanted me to come out and watch their new tricks and games. For a moment, they were still little, and I soaked up all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment