Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day!

This big girl is at school! She could hardly wait to get there, but she indulged me with a few pictures.

No...she doesn't have a flair for making an impression. She dressed herself from head to toe.


She wanted to be sure I got a picture of the matching nail polish and snack pack. She was so proud.


As I was stalling to take her (because she would have been there at 6:45 if she had her choice), I was reminding her that I would be back before lunch and that she should be a good friend and use her listening ears. She looked at me, put her two little hands on my face, and said, "Mom, are you going to cry?"


I told her no. This was a happy day! She was going to have so much fun. Without missing a beat, she replied, "I know, Mom, but you are good at happy tears," which made us both laugh.


When we pulled up to school, her head of school came to get her from the van, and she couldn't get to the playground fast enough. She never even looked back. There was a spring in her step, and she was blissfully happy.


I can't wait to hear all about it when I pick her up!


And for the record...I didn't cry...until I got home. But they were happy tears.






No comments:

Post a Comment