Friday, January 20, 2012

And So It Begins...

Apparently, Issa is five going on 15.

She is part of a research study at UNC, and she had an appointment to go play games yesterday. We headed out a little early to get ice cream in the little mall that houses the study's office space. When we arrived, we discovered the shop had closed. Fortunately, we stumbled upon a fabulous little patisserie where we enjoyed incredible cupcakes, fresh orange juice, and coffee, and Issa chose her wedding cake. It is stunning.

She had a blast playing games, and we picked Evan up and headed home to get ready for ballet. While we were getting ready, we rocked out to Hannah Montana. It was so fun.

On the way to ballet, I pulled out my imaginary microphone and launched into my best rendition of "Superman." I thought I was one cool mom. Then I hear this from the back seat: "Mom, do not do that at the studio. It would be so embarrassing. You have two choices: you can do that and I won't snuggle you tonight, or you can not do that and we can snuggle. What do you choose?"

Well....hello mini-me. There was a part of me that took it as an invitation to launch into my best rendition--dance moves and all--at the studio. However, I opted to behave myself. I'm sure I will have plenty of opportunity to embarrass her over the next few years...

No comments:

Post a Comment