Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Sweet Girl

Yesterday afternoon, I had food poisoning--a kind of food poisoning I have never imagined and will spare you the gory details of. It was not pleasant.

By the time it was pick-up time for Issa, I thought I was through the worst and managed to pull myself together long enough to go get her. It was a gorgeous day, and I had promised that we could go to the park after school. By the time I got her in the van, I knew the park was not happening.

I explained my tummy troubles, and I waited for the tears. None. Not one. We pulled in the driveway, and I told Issa to get herself and her stuff out and meet me inside as I was sprinting for the house. Her little kindergarten self did just that. She put her things away, and fixed herself a snack. When I made it to the couch, she curled up next to me with books, and we took turns reading. Some she read and some she picture read, but she never complained. She took an extra turn when I didn't even feel like I could read. When the worst had passed, we played Go Fish (a few million times), and she was content to just sit with me and play. No complaints. No I'm boreds.

I'm feeling a million times better, and I am so grateful I have such a little angel. I think I'll keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment