Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Valentine's Day House

Since the kids and I were home yesterday, we decided that we should convert the Christmas gingerbread house into a Valentine's Day gingerbread house. You can see where Evan's priorities were:
There were candies and frosting to eat, after all. We had such fun. Issa was very careful:

She's really mastering how much frosting you need to make the candies stick. Evan still loves working with the pastry bag:

Here is Issa's side:

Please notice all of the frosting roses.


This is my side:

It's not as creative, but I love the order of it. (Have I mentioned I have issues.)


Here is Evan's side:

Issa declared it a hot mess.


We had a blast, though, and I don't think we will ever get tired of redecorating this little house. It now has a place of honor in the armoire, and it makes me smile every time we see it. Sometimes, it really is the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment