Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hot Glue is Hot

First of all, I am fine. However, I am not too bright.

I was working on a project yesterday, and I was trying to hot glue something to the bottom of something else. Unfortunately, the glue dripped down between my ring finger and pinkie on my left hand. In a moment of sheer brilliance, I grabbed said glue and burned my right thumb as well.

The point of the story, though, is not to warn you that hot glue is really hot. (You probably already knew that.) The point is to tell you how wonderful my husband is. When running my hands under cold water wasn't working, I plunged them into a bowl of cold water. As I watched my blisters pop and reblister, I called Brad at work.

Within minutes, he was on his way to the pharmacy and then on his way home. He literally cleared the shelves of burn treatments and dark chocolate. He came home, doctored my hands, and held me while I cried. Not once did he make fun of me. Not once did he point out that it was a stupid maneuver on my part. He brought me Tylenol, picked up the kids, and picked up dinner.

This morning, he helped me change the bandages, and he still hasn't said one word. I am so very, very blessed to be married to this man.

(By the way, the blisters look much better today, and the pain is much better. Hot glue is still hot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment