Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fairy Magic

Our library doesn't disappoint...although it occasionally gets me into trouble. They have started a new non-fiction shelf for little people that highlights books that they think would be high interest, which made my literacy professor heart sing. The kids were thrilled by the new section, and when I saw Issa pull this book I temporarily forgot where we were:
 She and I snuggled in to read about Fairy World, and only then did I notice that last word--crafts. You know where this is going.

Fortunately, this book focuses on using found material you might already have around the house, and even more fortunately, we did have the materials around the house:
 The cuff of a sock that was too small became a fairy dress for Barbie:
 All it needed was a ribbon skirt:
 (Barbie was apparently over being photographed.)

A flower crown and some leaf wings were the final touch:
 When you make Barbie a fairy, you have to make Issa a fairy.

Start with a girl in swimsuit and add a ribbon skirt:
 And a flower crown and leaf wings:
 And you end up with the two happiest fairies on Earth:
I think the fairies are going to the puppet show at the library this morning to show our favorite librarian the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment