Monday, July 30, 2012

Goodbye...Sort Of

This was one whirlwind weekend!

We went next door Friday night to watch the opening ceremonies and have dinner. I was in love with the opening ceremonies, and the kids had a blast playing together again. I love watching Issa play little mama, and poor Evan just doesn't know what to do with himself when another little guy loves smashing dump trucks into things as much as he does. He actually took two dump trucks over to show William, and they are kindred crashing spirits.

Saturday, we had a going away party for a good friend. We are all Olympic junkies, so it basically was 17 people crammed into my family room eating burgers and cheering on the USA. In other words, it was perfection.

Yesterday, the kids and I drove out to pick up some stuff she was trying to get rid of (including a sweeper just in case my melted version doesn't pull through), and she ended up coming back here for dinner. I love saying until next time and discovering it really means tomorrow...and she may be back today for dinner since her refrigerator is officially empty. When she actually flies away on Wednesday I may curl up in a ball.

I woke up this morning to little people wanting to plan their Halloween costumes. This does not bode well for my week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment