Wednesday, November 14, 2012

She's Ba-ack!

I may have mentioned that my sister got married. It was one of the most beautiful, heartfelt ceremonies and days I have ever attended. It was perfect.

Then...she went on a honeymoon...for two weeks. And although I am truly glad they got the time away and had a wonderful time, I am so very, very glad she is back.

Over the past two weeks, I lost count of how many times I started to pick up the phone to tell her something funny one of the kids did, something crazy some relative did, or just something random that I thought she needed to know. I showed tremendous restraint, though, and never called. Even when I got the text saying they were home, I was patient.

Over the past 48 hours, though, we have talked three times. I missed her--terribly. The funny thing is I didn't realize how often we talked until she was away. We both have quirky work schedules that make a ten minute phone call at 1:30 on any given Tuesday possible--a wondrous thing. I love that. I love that she gets me...and my kids...and our family. I love that she will listen to me vent or whine or laugh. I love that she is my sister, and I am glad she is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment