Monday, November 26, 2012

So Thankful...

This Thanksgiving was exactly what it should have been: time with family. We had a wonderful time in Ohio, but I took very few pictures. I was too in the moment. I did get a few...
 
A make-shift basketball hoop:
 This was a great game until Daddy passed to Issa and she got hit in the face--oops. I don't have pictures of Tyler lowering his hoop and helping the kids play basketball in his driveway.  Evan is still talking about it.

Our new neighbor:
 This wild guy moved in next door. He is not even remotely afraid of people, although he is not too found of Viv. The kids loved watching him strut around and fluff himself. I don't have pictures of the kids and I helping Nana cook our turkey. There is just no place warmer than a kitchen.

Issa taught Uncle Jeff to play jax:
 We're still a little dubious on the rules.

The little cousins had a tea party:
Magic happens when you give small children water, strawberries, bananas, and a tea set. I could watch them play forever.

There were many toasts and laughter. We talked about the wedding and just spent time together. Bliss.

When we headed to the other side, I got to watch my kids adore their older cousins. There were more nerf gun fights than should be legal, and Alec built the coolest fort for he and Evan to sleep in. Yes...he actually slept in the fort, too, and Evan was in heaven. Lil gave Issa make-overs, and my little girl looked so much bigger with her bigger cousins. It was lovely.

Perhaps that is why I love Thanksgiving: the main event is being together. A meal. Talking. Just being in the moment, and I love those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment