Friday, May 24, 2013

Soccer Boy

Evan had his last Smart Start soccer scrimmage last night:
 I can't believe how much he has grown since the last time I went to practice. Last time, he got teary on the field and was not so sure about this at all. Yesterday, he was one of three kids that played the whole scrimmage, loving every moment.

 The coaches are awesome:
I love that they focus on skills and fun at this stage. Evan is pretty sure they walk on water. The picture above was before practice; Coach Robert just started kicking the ball around with Evan, and he loved it.
 
The hive scrimmage:
 They really didn't do a great job with your goal versus my goal, but they did get the idea that they wanted to get the ball in a goal and away from the other team.

Look at our boy go:
 He did score a few times. I embarrassed Issa by cheering every time anyone scored, though. Brad shot me a look for over-encouraging passes and tries from everyone. What can I say? It's who I am. I think these little guys deserve a lot of credit for putting themselves out there and trying. Go kiddos!

The best big sister dressed for the occasion:
I called her name, and I got that picture. I am in trouble.
 
And a Friday funny for you:
Evan asked me to take that one this morning--weirdo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment