Friday, May 31, 2013

Big Day

Yesterday was one of those really proud days. I went to see Issa be the absolute cutest maggot ever. The first grade did a great job with the play, and she cracked the gym up. The highlight for me, though, was when she found me in the crowd. I went straight to the gym when I got there, and I sat on the floor so I could record the show. I watched as she filed in and scanned the crowd. When she finally saw me, her whole face lit up and she did the tiniest wave. I have never been so glad to have two feet that were sound asleep on a hard gym floor in my life. That moment made it all worth it.
 
We also had ballet dress rehearsal last night, and I love seeing Issa on stage. Yes, it was hot and long, but those few moments on stage make it all worth it.
 
And then we came home to this:
Evan had his last Smart Start soccer night last night, and he brought home his picture. Look at that smile! I can't believe how much he has grown in the past year. He went from being so scared to loving the soccer field.

This time of year is so beyond exhausting. The end of year events just keep coming, and I think if I sign one more form or hot glue one more bit of randomness I might lose it. But...then there are these moments, and it's all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment