Tuesday, August 6, 2013

It's Official!

Yesterday was my first official day as the Director of the Teaching Fellows Program. That pesky "interim" is gone, and it is no longer a year to year endeavor. The program is here to stay. I couldn't be happier!

What makes the deal even sweeter is the job has been tweaked a bit. The program really shouldn't take a full-time director. I could have filled the time easily, but it isn't needed. In a move that made me love our new provost a little bit, he realized that. So...I get to take a load off of the department and coordinate our assessment and evaluation efforts, something I really enjoy. I also get to teach a course every semester, which is a dream. In short, it's the perfect job...and it's good to finally be official.

No comments:

Post a Comment