Tuesday, March 10, 2015

On Time Changes

I do not like time changes. This whole getting up in the dark and dragging children out of bed business is ridiculous. Evan keeps telling me I'm confused when I go in every morning. I understand, buddy, I have the same feeling when my alarm goes off.

I will say this, though: I do love having the daylight a little longer. When Issa and I got home from the studio last night, it was still bright and warm. She and Evan headed directly outside to play, and because Brad loves me more than I deserve, he ordered pizza. I just couldn't face cooking, so I went out to putter in the yard and listen to the kids while we waited for it to arrive. It was good for my soul.

We ate dinner on the deck again, and eventually hauled the kids in from the hammock. It is still a pirate ship and way too much fun. After a few rounds of whack a mole we had them settled into bed a bit earlier last night, and by the end of the week we should be in bed by normal times...or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment