Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring

Well, my spring break is officially over. I spent last week catching up on work projects that had been back-burnered. There is something so lovely about lots of checks on the list.

I also spent some time recharging. I did a little shopping. I didn't keep the laundry caught up. I was kind to myself. It was good.

And this weekend was the perfect finish. We were supposed to have the farm kick-off Saturday, but the weather did not cooperate. So...we had a lovely pajama day after a huge breakfast. By late afternoon, though, Daddy had the itch to get out of the house, so we went to see Cinderella. It was so good! I cried at several points, and I loved the way Cinderella developed as a character. It was just enough magic. In short--perfection. Although the boys weren't quite as sold.

The highlight, though, was yesterday. Our day started with homemade granola and then a family outing to Home Depot. We are starting to tackle some projects and dreams around the house. Step one: new light bulbs. It was getting a bit dark in our house, and Brad found some new daylight bulbs that I have declared life changing. We also mulched flower bed, disassembled a crumbling deck, and pruned. The kids are super invested in all the work because they are designing a tree house with Daddy. We grilled for the first time this season, and ate our burgers, sweet potato chips, and kale chips as the sun set. Blissful. We all went to be exhausted and probably a little sore, but it was so worth it.

Now...back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment