Friday, July 10, 2015

Calming

I think we are now in the calm after the storm. I declared our usual summer routine out the window yesterday and gave the kids the day off as long as they were quiet when I was on the phone and understood Mom might be a lot stressed. They agreed, and they were awesome. Thankfully, I was able to handle all of the damage control from the comfort of my desk at home. I also talked with security many, many times and they have almost caught the thief, which I honestly didn't think would happen.

As I was making phone calls and confirming transactions and such, the kids were very content to do their thing. Evan spent most of the day building things, and Issa spent most of the day knitting:
 Miss Hannah taught her how, and she's been happily working on a scarf:
I had to help a bit at one point because she had picked up stitches, but she wasn't at all flustered. She is really enjoying the clicking of the needles, and I have to admit it was a nice calming soundtrack in the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment