Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My Sweet Boy

Yesterday, my sweet boy asked if I would sit down and play a board game with him. Since it wasn't Chutes and Ladders or Candyland, I agreed. (My days of playing those two games are over--I just can't even.)

I had never played this game, so I set to reading the rules and was pleasantly surprised that his version matched what I read. I loved watching his little mind work as he worked out his strategy, and I was only slightly flabbergasted when he legitimately trampled me.

My sweet boy is growing up. I continue to be amazed by his ability to strategize, and I love that he keeps me laughing while he is doing it. I'm secretly hoping he wants to play again tonight, but I am also trying to play it cool lest he decide he's way too big for this nonsense. Because, you know, playing it cool is my strong suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment