Thursday, July 28, 2011

Loved

No pictures. I have one of those mental memories to capture today.

Last night, I had one of those wonderful tiny suprises that makes me ridiculously happy. When I got home from class, the kids were still up! They were being really sweet and not acting at all sleepy, so Daddy let them wait up for me. I was met on the porch by tiny waves and big smiles. Before I was through the door, they were sharing bedtime snacks with me (sesame sticks and pumpkin seeds). We snuggled on the couch--good snuggles. The kind where no one is squirmy and everyone scrunches under a favorite soft blankey that is too small to hold all of us. We read the car book, and then we tucked two sleepy kiddos in bed. It was blissful.

I'm having trouble finding the words to describe the warmth...their tiny voices prattling about their days...the back rubs and pat pats...tiny arms around my neck...sesame sticks being shoved in my mouth between words...it was just bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment