Thursday, July 7, 2011

Then My Heart Melted

Every mama thinks their kiddos are something special. But my girl...she really is something special.

I taught again last night, and following tradition I turned down the kids' beds before I left. By the time I got home, both kids were already sound asleep, but a few hours later Issa woke up and came down for a hug. As I went upstairs to tuck her back in, I glanced in my room and saw this:
She beamed up at me and said, "I turned your bed down, Mama."

"That's so sweet. What made you do that?"

"To show you I love you. That's why you do it to mine."

And then my heart melted. I snuggled her into her own bed, with a few extra hugs, and then went back to look at my bed. She'll probably never know how much that meant or how grateful I am that she notices the little things I do to show her I love her, but I know, and I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment