Thursday, August 2, 2012

Evan the Chef

Evan helped me make spaghetti last night. He loves to brown the meat:
 Please note, although his face looks a little sad in the picture above, he is not. That is his smash face:
 Most people stir; Evan smashes. It works. The meat gets brown. My little chef:
A towel over his shoulder--just like his mama.

I love cooking with my kids for a few reasons. First and foremost, I love that both of them are learning how to cook and to love cooking. I love knowing that they will be able to feed themselves once they leave the nest. I also love the time in the kitchen. "I don't know" responses to questions about the day turn in to long conversations. There is just something about the kitchen that gets the kids talking--even if Evan decided to regale me with tales of who went to the bathroom when and where yesterday. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment