Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Well...

I have nothing earth shattering today. This has been a week when I'm hating the word balance. There is no such thing; there is just pure craziness. I read a blog the other day (although I can't remember who it was) that classified August as the secret December. It's that time of year when everyone is crazy busy with all great stuff--back to school, end of summer, extra-curricular activities, and fall excitement all in one giant mess of life...just without the carols and cookies. Yeah...I'm feeling that. Today's list of randomness:

1. I start teaching tonight. It's a master's level course I've taught before, and I love the content. However, because technology hates me I don't have access to a roster or BlackBoard yet. Lovely. I think I have six students--I think. I guess we'll find out tonight.

2. I hosted a PTSA meeting here at the house last night. I had the horrible realization yesterday morning that I had no idea how many people were coming. As the new good on the block, I didn't want to send the "RSVP dang it" email, so I guessed--I guessed way wrong. I prepared for eight adults plus kids. Four adults arrived. We will be eating heavy hors d'oeuvres for the foreseeable future. It was a lovely evening, though.

3. I need Issa to go back to school. She is getting bored, which means I am getting edgy. I actually heard myself say, "Find something to do or I will find something for you to do," yesterday. We are both card gamed, crafted, and tea partied out.

4. In related news, my calendar is getting complicated. Note to self: I need a better plan for the end of the summer next year. I sort of forgot that my school starts earlier than Issa's, and I now am trying to find play dates or babysitters so I can attend meetings. I am also a bit afeared when I look at a calendar that is so full already.

5. On a happier note, we are getting ready for Issa's birthday! We have our first celebration this weekend, and she and I are going shopping tomorrow to get everything for her friend tea party. Issa and I have a date with the craft store. Wish me luck!

6. Daddy comes home again tonight. We can't wait!

7. My laundry is refusing to do itself, so I suppose I should go do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment