Monday, August 13, 2012

Salsa

Saturday, the kids and I headed to the Farmer's Market here in town. We had never been to this one, and we had such fun. The variety of vendors was amusing. There were big farms with professional-looking boards, and there were small gardeners with handwritten white boards. There were some local artists selling stained glass and wooden furniture. There was a folk singer filling the market with his guitar and soulful voice. There was a small baker selling old world breads, and there was a bigger bakery selling everything but bread. In short, it was lovely.

The kids and I were on a mission to find salsa ingredients, and we did well:
 Aren't they beautiful?  The white package was half a loaf of sourdough rye, and the tupperware holds fresh figs. We enjoyed those two things with a little marscapone--delicious.

We chopped and chopped. Batch one:
 We ended up making two batches. I had no idea how many peppers and tomatoes we would need, so I bought a bunch. Considering the last jar of this salsa lasted us two days, I didn't mind making a little extra:
One afternoon and nine jars later, my house smelled like salsa and I was a very happy woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment