Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Good Neighbors

Yesterday, as with much of the summer, my neighbors saved my tail.

I needed to visit my student teacher this week, and I got an email yesterday morning letting me know that the only day they had in the classroom was yesterday. Could I come at 11? Brilliant. The answer was of course yes, but I didn't want to drag Issa to yet another meeting.

I called my neighbor, and without a moment's hesitation, she agreed to keep Issa. Her girls came down here until I had to leave, which gave her some time to do a couple of things at her house, and then they all headed down there when I had to leave. I checked in when I got back, and they were all playing so well she offered to keep them. I finally called to get Issa back just in time to get Evan. That meant I had almost six hours of uninterrupted work time. Bliss.

This has been the rhythm of the summer. One of us has something pop up, and the others cover. The girls have a blast, and we all get the help we need at just the right moment. A truly wondrous thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment