Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Girl Friends

Last night, I went out for dinner with four other dance moms. Our little tribe has divided between two Companys this year, but we are still a pretty tight group. I can't remember the last time I've laughed so hard in the midst of truly honest conversations. These are women who know me--really know me--and I know them. We have laughed and cried together and occasionally told each other to get it together. These are the women that I know will pick up the phone, return a text, or just show up. They're a safety net and a push when I need it. We may be so very different in so many ways, but at the core we love fiercely and have a low threshold for drama.

As I raise a daughter, I am so grateful to have other strong women in my life, women who are generous and kind and brave. They're role models for her and for me, and I can't imagine doing this life without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment