Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Perfection

Well, I tried:
I never claimed that this was a photography blog, but I did attempt to get a picture of the kids getting off the bus.

I believe yesterday could be summarized as perfection!

Evan came off the bus talking and I don't think he stopped until 5:00. He loved kindergarten. I love his teacher. She sends home a weekly sheet that we fill out daily. She tells us what kind of day he had, what the theme was, and gives us a question to ask to start a conversation about his day--no more pulling teeth when he did "nothin'" at school! Yesterday, he got to go around the school searching for Corduroy's lost button, and they read The Kissing Hand. And...he brought home his first day of kindergarten handprint. So sweet.

Issa woke up this morning and asked if it was the first day of school. I told her it was her second, and she said, "Oh, good! I thought yesterday was a dream!" Perfection. She loves her teacher, and I love that she already feels a sense of community in her classroom. They did a lot of team building yesterday, and they learned how to write on their desks with Expo marker. Life doesn't get any better. And...she got her first agenda. In case you were wondering, she is very grown up.

I truly believe we are in for a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment