Friday, May 8, 2015

Happy Birthday, Ninja!

It's official. Our ninja is six.

The real celebrating started yesterday afternoon when Issa and I delivered cupcakes and juice boxes to his class. He was so excited, and he was even more excited because he knew he got to ride home with me, which would mean he would get home faster, which was especially important because we promised he could open his gifts right after school.

His gift from Daddy and I was too tricky to wrap, so we did the follow the string trick:
 That would be the training sword he uses at the dojo. Now he has one he can use at home. I think his face says it all. Issa also gave him a lucky cat like the one at the dojo, which will go perfectly in his new ninja room. He was so excited, although a little drama ensued when he and Issa had a difference of opinion about where the cat should live.

Issa and I headed to the studio, but Daddy and Evan stayed home to watch a movie and hang out before Evan's requested dinner of boxed mac and cheese--the StarWars kind.

After dinner, it was time for cake:


 He is fierce. I am so glad that he didn't slice the cake with his new sword.


As he blew out the candles on his sixth birthday, he was one happy boy. He is definitely my favorite ninja, and I can't wait to see what this year holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment