Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I'm In Trouble

Daddy is home for the third straight week. Hallelujah and amen. It's a beautiful thing.

One of the best parts of him being home is the taxiing that comes with two involved kiddos gets a little easier. It also means that they don't have to go to each other's stuff all the time. Usually, they like watching the other dance or be a ninja, but sometimes it's nice to just stay home. The other benefit of this is each kid gets a little extra one on one time.

Yesterday, Issa stayed home while I took Evan to the dojo. He was feeling chatty, which is always entertaining with that one. Somehow we started talking about what they were doing in reading groups, and this conversation ensued:

"When I work with Mrs. Rhonda, we practice our handwriting. We know how to make all the letters, but we practice making them very neatly. She says I'm good at it."

"I've seen your practice with her! You can write neatly! Why don't you do that all the time? Like on your homework."

"I just don't want to."

"Well, it's a nice thing to do. It would make it so much easier to read! I like to use my best handwriting. And you know Aunt Shannon has very pretty handwriting, and you love getting her mail."
"Mom, everyone is different, and that's okay. Not everybody has to have pretty handwriting. That's okay. We should be glad everyone is different. Right?"

Game. Set. Match. Well played, kid. I'm in trouble with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment