Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I'm Not Ready

Oh the tween years are crashing in upon us. Issa was in tears last night because boys basically suck. A few teased her yesterday and it snow balled, and I got hit with an avalanche out of nowhere. I hate seeing her so upset--especially when I can't fix it.

Once she was reassembled, I sent an email to my little third grade village. I don't know what I was looking for, but I do know some moments of motherhood are lonely, and I needed my people. Within minutes, I had my village. They weren't offering fixes, but they were offering support and I've been theres and we'll get through this. And that was all I needed. I needed to feel a little less alone, and I do. And once again I'm so glad for this village. I'm not at all ready for what's ahead, and I wish I could hold on to little for much longer than I have left, but at least I know we're in this together. There will be strong women around both Issa and I, and we will all get through this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment