Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Duplicator

Here is Issa's bed all turned down (yes, the sheets virtually glow in the dark--her pick)...
...and here is Evan's...

I finished the turn-down service--complete with mints on the pillows--about two in the afternoon yesterday. I also laid out their clothes for today, placed their pajamas on the feet of the beds, and laid out all of the non-refrigerated ingredients for tacos. Can you tell I was feeling a bit guilty?


I started teaching my summer class last night. It's Education in Society, which is a love of mine. It's also my first graduate level class, which is really exciting. Class last night was amazing. I have 12 teachers in my class, and they were open and insightful. We asked big questions, and we'll spend the next six weeks asking even more. It was wonderful.


Then I rushed to my car to call the kids and say goodnight. It's a poor substitute for hugs and good night snuggles. I need a duplicator; I need to be in two places at the same time. I know I am so blessed to have a job I love and a family to come home to every day. I tuck my kids in six nights a week--something I know many parents long for. It's one of those tensions that has no easy answer. So I'll tuck them in a little tighter tonight, and I'll turn their beds down again next week. And I'll rest easy in the knowledge that they know I love them--always--no matter what.



No comments:

Post a Comment