Thursday, February 7, 2013

On Tucking

Tucking in is a big deal around here. We all snuggle in one of the kids beds, say prayers, sing goodnight songs, and get a few million last hugs. Daddy and I each get a minute or two of one on one time with each kiddo to snuggle and chat. It's a nice way to end our days.

Warning: If you are opposed to sappy now might be a good time to stop reading. I just want to capture a moment here. I hope the kiddos will read it someday and see how much Daddy and Mommy love each other.

There is one addition to the tucking in routine. Ever since we were married, Brad has been much more of a night owl than I am. Most nights, we try to make an effort to go to bed at the same time. Sometimes, though, he has to work late. Inevitably, he will find me either nodding off or completely asleep on the couch.

On those nights, like last night, he wakes me, takes me to bed, and tucks me in. I can't sleep well without him, so he stays beside me, running his fingers through my hair, until I fall asleep. It never takes long, but he always stays...and I know I am loved, and I love that even after over ten years, he still tucks me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment