Monday, February 25, 2013

Pinterest Win!

This had been what our floor looks like everyday for the past week:
 Legos everywhere and one very happy boy in the middle of them. We finally used a gift card Evan had from Christmas to flesh out his collection, and he is now up to roughly 1,000 Legos. That's a lot. He had been dutiful about picking them all up, but he had to take everything apart every time to make them fit in his box. It was bugging me.

Enter Pinterest. I found some pins about Lego mats that turned into sacks, and I decided to give it a try. After a very frustrating half hour trying to learn how to make buttonholes, which I now know is insanely easy, we ended up with this gem:
 See all of those Legos on the Hulk green mat? It's big enough for both kids to play easily:
 And when they are finished, things they want to keep built go in the box, and the rest:
The mat just drawstrings right up. And yes...that is super hero fabric with Captain American blue drawstrings...and the happiest boy in Lego land. I have to admit, I'm more than a little proud of myself for this one.

(In case you are interested, the tutorial I used is here, and I started with a 44" square and two 72" pieces of ribbon. I think it's a perfect size.)

No comments:

Post a Comment