Monday, January 13, 2014

I Might Have Cried...

Sunday night, we had Issa's first Company Showcase. Showcase is an opportunity for the dancers to perform in costume, on stage, in front of an audience before the first competition. It was also a great practice run for me for hair and make-up.Brad snapped a few pictures of the process:

Knox made sure that bun didn't move. This face:
Well...in a mom of the year moment I got frustrated with one hair that was just refusing to cooperate and plucked it out. Thankfully, Issa was amused.

We also got to use Issa's Company make-up for the first time:
Full disclosure: I held my breath when I applied the foundation. I didn't completely conceal Issa's Angel Kiss, but it did lighten it significantly, and I wasn't sure what her reaction would be. She still loves her Angel Kiss, but I am always afraid the day will come when she won't. Thankfully, she was a little sad it wasn't as dark.

Our girl in her warm-ups ready to go:
The best little brother was anxious to support his sister:
And we girls were off! 
Yes...Issa's bag is nearly as big as she is. The boys joined us later, but we needed to get to the stage early for call time. Issa passed inspection with flying colors.

For the first time ever, I got to sit in the audience and watch Issa dance. Her first number was production, so my first time watching my baby girl from the audience she was on stage with the whole company. I cried. I'm not talking a tear or two, either. I just can't believe how big she has gotten and how far she has progressed from point, point, close in her first recital. Don't get me wrong, we still have some room to grow, but my heart was just so full. I spent most of the evening running back and forth helping her change and then watching her shine.

Jazz:
Tap:
In a shocking turn of events, tap has become her favorite dance, by the way.

Hip hop:
The boys brought her flowers:
And the best little brother, who watched on the edge of his seat, was rewarded with a big lipstick kiss on the forehead:
Daddy brought me roses, which he gave me in the parking lot, and I proceeded to lose it all over again. I couldn't be more proud of our little dancer. It's a wild ride we're on, and I can't wait to see what's next.


No comments:

Post a Comment