Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Days

We are "snowed in." For my northern friends, I know you are laughing. We have about three inches on the ground of soft fluffy snow and you would think it's a blizzard. Even my college is closed. 

Yesterday, school dismissed at 11 because of the impending snow (which actually started at 5), and a fort was soon erected in my the living room:
That's what I love about snow days. The kids just love the extra time to play together. We put a fire in the fireplace, made shrimp scampi, and watched it snow. This morning, we woke up without alarms and the kiddos jumped up and down about the amount of snow. As soon as they finish eating, they plan to go outside and try out their new saucer. It's really more than they can handle. I see hot cocoa and lots of snuggles in our future, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment