Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Keeping It Warm at 7 Degrees

Unless you have been living under a rock, you are well aware that most of the country is in a deep freeze right now. We in the South are just not accustomed to such things. Today, we actually have a two hour delay for school because the temperature is 7 and the windchill is -25. When you compare that to the North, I totally understand it is nothing. But...we have not seen a single digit temperature in over 20 years around here. It's a big deal. It's such a big deal the delay was announced at 11 am yesterday. We don't play with the cold.

That also meant my little people knew there would be no alarms this morning. Daddy comes back today, but last night the three of us decided to embrace the chill and do warm things. We made hot cocoa and warm cookies, and we made Evan this fleece blanket:
Issa tried desperately to teach him to tie knots, but she and I ended up doing all of the tying while he patted our backs and told us we were wonderful. He is in love with his Spiderman blanket:
He is too funny with the peeking.

I tucked them into bed piled under blankets, and I tucked myself in piled under blankets.With the delay, I am working from home today, and I imagine I will spend most of it piled under blankets.

Tonight, though, we make pasta from scratch. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment