Monday, January 27, 2014

Our NUVO Nubie

Here is what I have come to accept about myself: I rock at capturing the mundane on film and completely miss the photos of life's major events. It used to bother me, but now I recognize that I am just too busy living the events--and that's not a bad thing. That being said, I have exactly two pictures from this weekend.

We headed south to Atlanta this weekend of Issa could dance in her first competition and convention. The best part about it being in Atlanta was Uncle Nick and Aunt Beth. We were able to stay at their house, and they drove us around and were there to cheer on our girl and her mama. It was a nice gentle entrance into this whole new world.

Friday was the competition, and I couldn't be more proud of these Tinys:
They earned a high silver in each of their three dances. Their tap and hip-hop was the best I've ever seen it, and they made it through jazz. Jazz is usually solid, but I think nerves got the better of them. It was a learning experience, though, and Issa was proud of what they did. She was also very realistic about what they need to fix before the next competition.

Saturday, Issa had convention:
She was so anxious to take classes from master choreographers, and I was thrilled to be able to sit in and watch. It was so fun to watch these amazing choreographers work with these little ones, and it was even more amazing to watch Issa participate. She actually demonstrated a coffee grinder in hip hop, and she never gave up--even when the tap teacher "was trying to kill me." I truly couldn't be more proud of this girl.

Sunday, Issa had the day off and we were able to get together with the whole Atlanta clan. It was so fun to watch all the littles (some of which who are not so little) play, and it was awesome to watch Issa was Kaitlin sing. It was the perfect end to the weekend.

The next competition will be in Greenville next month, and we're making it a girls' weekend. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment