Thursday, February 20, 2014

Better...

You will be glad to know the shoes were found and we had a much better morning this morning. Issa has also cleaned up her room. It's a start.

I'm very much looking forward to this weekend. Issa and I are headed out of town for another dance convention. I think it will do both of us good to have a little girl time. This mother/daughter stuff is not for the faint of heart, and I see her pulling away already--just a little and in a very healthy way. That doesn't make it easy, though, and she's such a little me that we have the potential to really lock horns. I'm learning. She's learning. And I think a few days away will build some more memories to get us through those moments we might not otherwise. My goal is to say yes as much as reasonable and let her lead. I'm sure it will be an adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment