Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Our Soloist

Friday, Issa had her first solo lesson at the studio. She is working on a short piece for the recital this spring, and then she will build upon it to compete it next year. She has chosen a ballet-ish musical theater piece to "Do You Want to Build a Snowman." Needless to say, I think it is going to be super cute.

We really weren't entirely sure what to expect with these Friday lessons, but they may become my very favorite part of the week. I love to watch Issa work. You can see her little mind going as her teacher works to correct technique and push her just a little bit. And man can she work. She pushes to stretch a little more or hold the pose a little longer. She came out tired by excited with goals for the week and specific things for me to help her with when she works at home. We made a deal that if we did solo lessons she would practice solo stuff for ten minutes a day. So far, she's all in, and she has asked me to help rather than me reminding her to do it. She even asked Daddy for a ballet bar in her room, and he is already building it.

I know we will hit walls, and I know some weeks will be better than others. But...I am so excited to watch my little soloist grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment