Monday, August 8, 2011

Fabulousness

After a fun afternoon in the pool, we had to run an errand, which meant we had to get dressed. Issa looked a little too fabulous for just running errands:
As if that wasn't enough, she decided her brother needed to be fancy:

The beret didn't actually make it to the store, but it was replaced by his Thomas hat.


Even I didn't escape the fanciness:

A little black dress and black pearls chosen by the princess. We have decided Fancy Nancy has moved into our house. And we were quite the site.


It used to bother me when Issa would dress up to go run errands. I was afraid people would judge her or us. Now, I see the smiles--hers and everyone she meets. I love that she has the confidence to march to her own drummer, and maybe this will be a future career--or maybe not.
For now, I'll settle for the smiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment